Some runners made their final preparations at the training race in Sörsjön. Two of the runners were Emma and Tobias Ringström.
How was it out in the forest?
– It was amazing. The marshes were dry and it was possible to cross them. It isn’t very different from the terrain at home in Gothenburg. There are a few more open hills with bare rocks here. Last year the difference to our home terrain was much more significant, describes Emma and Tobias Ringström from OK Landehof.
Which categories will you run at this year’s O-Ringen?
– I have some problems with an injury and will not run O-Ringen this year. The training race is my only competition this week. We have three sons that will run H15, H14 K and H10, says Tobias.
– I will run D40 M. It will be a bit more demanding courses compared to what I’ve run previous years, tells Emma.
It’s the sixth year the Ringström family are going to O-Ringen. The first time was 2014 in Skåne. The best memories are still from O-Ringen in Skåne but this year’s summer vacation has started very well.
– We plan our vacation according to O-Ringen. It’s the main part of our holiday. We have already been in Gränna and Örebro.
– It would be nice to visit Bergs slussar, adds Emma.
Emma and Tobias expect some really nice orienteering during the week and the most important thing is that the boys do well and have fun.
You can find the results from the training race here.